On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 18:12:03 -0700, Ed Jaffe wrote:

>On 3/28/2013 3:44 PM, Tom Trainor wrote:
>> Downloaded z/OS 1.13 down to wkstation from IBM order.  Little sketchy on
>> how to upload to driving system.  IBM doc is kind of circular.  Any simple
>> solutions (ha ha) or redbooks on the topic?....or other suggestions.....
>
>Unless I'm missing something, the process is usually something like
>(from Windows command line):
>
>ftp hostname
>cd /directory/path
>binary
>put filename
>bye

I thought it was more complicated than that.  Perhaps they simplified it.
Long ago, I snagged this URL:

    http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/EPD1UG14/3.3.1

    Title: CBPDO: Internet Delivery User's Guide
    Document Number: GA22-7872-06

    3.3 Requirements for a workstation, if used as an intermediate node

It still seems to work.

-- gil