-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Phil Smith III
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 00:15

Indeed. Yet so many "production" systems (non-Z) don't take that approach,
yet get away with it. Oh, that e-commerce website is down for a
half-hour/day/week? That helpdesk is offline because someone pulled a cable
(to get back to Matt's post)? No big deal.

I don't get it. Are we wrong? Are they wrong? It's easy to be purist, but
have times changed?? I like to think not, but the evidence seems otherwise
in so many cases.

--- Shmuel wrote:
>Asking "what can possible go wrong?" is good. Believing that nothing can go
wrong is suicidal.