Standard IBM z/OS calling convention.  R13 Save Area, R14 return
address, R15 address being called, R0 ?, R1 address to parameter list,
R2-14 will be restored from R13 save area before BR14 to return to
caller.

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.3.0?topic=guide-linkage-conventions

On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 6:54 PM Binyamin Dissen
<bdis...@dissensoftware.com> wrote:

> The manual (MVS Programming: Assembler Services Reference, Volume 1 (ABE-HSP))
> states
>
> 2-12 Used as work registers by the system.
>
> but I am looking at some old functional code which seems to expect (several?)
> registers values at ATTACH time be passed as is to the subtask.
>
> Can someone enlighten me as to whether this is luck or an undocumented API. I
> prefer to follow the old adage - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>
> --
> Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com>
> http://www.dissensoftware.com
>
> Director, Dissen Software, Bar & Grill - Israel

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA