I know it is bad form to reply to your own posts BUT -- I had to share the Joy.
  SUCCESS.

My IKE exchange problems are now reseolved.  "How did I do it?" you might ask.

Well - I went back to my preschool skills and my hours of watching Sesame
Street.  After playing "one of things is not like the others, can you guess
which thing does not belong", I was able to locat the Identity values that
needed to change.
Of course, it took a change into big boy pants and a short battle with the NCA
GUI to find out how and where to implement my new found changes.

Still not pleased with how complicated this has been, but I am very happy that
maybe I can step away from this obfuse configuration nightmare.

Carry on!   Dinobabies still got the stuff.