Yes, the undocumented (but disclosed to ISVs) IGVDGNPP test tool will
modify all of the reserved fields in every CPU's PSA in order to expose
latent defects in code that happens to seem to work when reserved fields
contain zeroes.  But since that may expose latent defects in other code
(IBM, ISV, or customer), it's not the kind of thing you would want to
use on a production system.

  We of course use that tool on our test systems, so that we tend to
not have zeros at PSA+4 on our z/OS 2.5 test systems, which may
have contributed to the bug escaping our notice
until it got into the field.

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY

"IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
02/22/2022 10:26:40 AM: