From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Phil Smith III [li...@akphs.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2022 2:11 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: AUXLIST (was XEDIT equivalent to ISPF C - OO/OO (copy overlay))

Shmuel wrote:

>It's in reference to the fact that after I repeatedly asked why you
believed that it would cause problems for existing displays, and after it
explained that it wouldn't, you simply repeated the same baseless claim.
That's very different from not liking dual paths, which you never even
hinted at.

I never said it would affect existing displays. I said it would affect
existing applications. But I already apologized for not explaining in
sufficient detail for you to understand, so move on.

>ISPF has plenty of dual paths; optionally supporting a new Start Field
Contiguous or a new Protected character attribute wouldn't significantly
increase that.

I guess you haven't done much 3270 programming or screen design, because I
gave examples of why it wouldn't be trivial to get value out of it.