>/*   ...  SYSINI DD * generated here??

No. /* (Slash followed asterisk does not generate SYSIN

>> Are the symbols above resolved by the converter or the scheduler, avoiding
>> this problem?

I believe it is resolved by the interpreter/converter

>>Also, is there a hazard that if the job runs at midnight (or any lesser
boundary) the date may be obtained before midnight; the time the
next day, resulting in a DATE.TIME almost 24 hours too small?

If we schedule the job to run 1 min past (01,16,31,46) then we wouldn't have a
problem.
So within 1 minute you would have 4 runs and within an hour you would have 240
runs and within a day(24 hours) you would have 5,760 runs.

IMHO 15 second interval is too small and I am not sure what the final goal is
as he would be creating thousands of dataset within a day. Someone has to look
up and do some analysis.

>>Rexx handles this right.  I suspect that JCL does not.

I don't think we need REXX in here