re JCL: Someone in the recent past noted that calling JCL a language was a
reach exceeding its grasp.  It's certainly not a procedural language; I
just consider it a work order.  In any case, MVS has scripting capabilities
(e.g. REXX) if you prefer.

re client/server: that's what I get for presuming.

sas