On 4/2/2013 2:21 PM, John Gilmore wrote:
This piece will repay your attention.  It is the first open-literature
discussion of the market for 'exploits' and who is selling what to
whom for how much that I have seen.

An 'exploit' is a piece of software that can be used by its developer
or a purchaser to penetrate a computer that is using software that has
a 'vulnerability', i.e., a design defect, that can be exploited to do
so.

The largest market---governments are among the customers in it--is for
Internet Explorer exploits, but the one for Chrome exploits is
growing.

There is no discussion of z/OS exploits, but I do not find this
reassuring.  Our turn will certainly come.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA

Do you have a link for an online version?

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html