From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 12:20 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: IDCAMS ALIAS vs a symbolic link?

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 22:39:12 +0000, Pommier, Rex  wrote:
>  Just for fun I defined a symbolic called &NULL and IPLed my sandbox
> resulting in (in part) this:
>
>IEA007I STATIC SYSTEM SYMBOL VALUES 045
> &NULL.             = ""
>
>I then defined a new SYM alias:
>
>  DEF ALIAS(NAME(SYS1.REX) SYM(RRP.&NULL.JCL))
>IDC0001I FUNCTION COMPLETED, HIGHEST CONDITION CODE WAS 0

Looking at
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=dap-required-parameters__;!!KjMRP1Ixj6eLE0Fj!9lXQZVcmmr5HOhOMVSLA0GThxck5Wqdcs6MIWs7-QO5zdLpwqK286Mqh_qXUP74TGw$

    SYMBOLICRELATE(entryname)
... What's the maximum length of the entryname?  I don't see it specified on
that page.  Perhaps elsewhere?

--
gil

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format. Thank you.