On 2022-03-31 02:38, Seymour J Metz wrote:
Who does that leave?

The obvious; your claim is untrue and it is you.

Looks like you have egg on your face again.

Put up or shut up.

PL/I does not have computed GO TO.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

Try:
      GO TO X(I);

X(1): A = B;
X(2): A = C;
X(3): A = D;

and try:

GOTO (1, 2, 3), K

1     A = B
2     A = B
3     A = C

Guess which one is FORTRAN and which is PL/I.

It has LABEL arrays, which are more
useful. There may be cases where a computed GO TO would be clearer if
it exiasted, but good or bad, PL/I doesn't have it.

Read what I wrote.

I did; it's BS.

More egg on your face.

 White space has noting to do with it.

That's a perfect example of BS. In FORTRAN, DO 500 I=1.10 is an
assignment statement because the blanks are not significant. In PL/I,
DO I=1.10; is still a DO statement, because spaces are not allowed
inside a variable name.

That is irrelevant to whether the DO statement in PL/I was taken
from FORTRAN.