Actually it is not z16 specific, similar discrepancies could be observed for previous generations.

I mean memory limits for given LPAR modes (General, CF, z/VM, Linux Only) and operating systems. Example: PR/SM Planning says z/OS 2.5 is limited to 4TB, while it was announced the limit was increased to 16TB. PR/SM says z/TPF is limited to 1TB, while Redbook z16 Tech. Guide says it is 4TB.
According to PR/SM Planning Linux is limited to 1TB.
There are cases where one can find "different versions of truth" within single book.
Similiar discrepancies can be found in regard of limit of processors.

Fine print note: Memory limit for LPAR in General mode is increased to 32TB which is more than z/OS can support, but this is not discrepancy, here we have two different limits. Same scenario in z15 and z/OS 2.4 - LPAR 16TB, OS 4TB. In the paragraph above I'm talking about different answers for same question.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland