Hi Ben: Not sure if you're still looking...Here's my example. I had an array of
512 size blocks that I wanted to display 6 bytes from offset +8 in each block
(a volser). I positioned IPCS at the first block and tried this:

ipcs runarray address(+0) length(512) entries(1:10) exec((list X+8 length(6)))

This did not work. It listed the first control block repeatedly, similar to
what you experienced I think.  On advice from IBM, I changed the command to
this:

ipcs runarray address(+8) length(512) entries(1:10) exec((list X length(6)))

This worked -- setting the displacement value, +8,  in the address field,
instead of trying to add to X.   I didn't really get an explanation from IBM;
just "working as designed".  However, I suspect that inside the EXEC,  LIST X+n
is treated different than LIST X; i.e. X only needs to be evaluated once for
X+n, whereas X by itself, List knows to use the new position as determined by
the origin start (the offset value, +8), the entry number, and entry length
(512).
Richard