There was a very recent discussion here (3/31/2022) with a response from Peter Relson of IBM that clarified the separation of LINKAUTH=LNKLST, PROGxx, and JOBLIB/STEPLIB.  My understanding from that and prior discussions is that the short answer is "No, as long as the module is actually fetched via the linklist".  The somewhat more complete answer is *  APF authorization of fetches from the linklist with LINKAUTH=LNKLST are unaffected by PROGxx *  APF authorization of fetches from JOBLIB/STEPLIB are controlled by PROGxx and unaffected by LNKAUTH=LNKLST or whether the dataset in JOBLIB/STEPLIB is also part of linklist.

So if there are legit reasons why you might want to override the usual search order and reference a linklist library in a JOBLIB or STEPLIB concatenation, you might need to include it in a PROGxx, but that has no effect on fetches from that dataset via the linklist.

    Joel C. Ewing