On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 12:55:56 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:

>> Put another way: this is arguably a fundamental design flaw in OS/360
>
>I remember well the early days of OS/360. There was no concept of the
>insider threat. We were all in this together, and we were all good guys.
I suspect a similar history governed MS DOS/Windows.  When there were
only LANs; no Internet (which Microsoft was slow to adopt), "all good guys"
became accustomed  to, even depended on sending each other .exe and
.bat that opened automatically.  The Internet should have changed
everything, but too few wanted to sacrifice old practices.

--
gil