On Wed, 4 May 2022 19:11:46 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>From z/OS 2.5 TSO/E REXX Reference, SA32-0972-50:
>
>"You can use the SUBCOM command in REXX execs that run in any address space,
>TSO/E or non-TSO/E.
>That is, SUBCOM is available from the TSO and MVS host command environments."

OK.  It's a command.  But which host command environments
support it?  Is SUBCOM supported by only the TSO and MVS host
command environments?  If so, I'd like to see the word "only" in
the sentence quoted above, and "That is" omitted because it
seems to imply that the second sentence is a consequence or
a paraphrase of the first.

Which of the following work, and why (not)?
    address TSO     'SUBCOM TSO    '
    address MVS     'SUBCOM MVS    '
    address ISREDIT 'SUBCOM ISREDIT'
    address ISPEXEC 'SUBCOM ISPEXEC'
    address SDSF    'SUBCOM SDSF   '
    address SH      'SUBCOM SH     '

Unclearly documented in
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=commands-subcom>.

If it's a TSO command, why is it not documented in the  TSO command Ref?

Where are the commands supported in the MVS command environment listed?

--
gil