The new clang/LLVM C/C++ compiler has been announced https://community.ibm.com/community/user/ibmz-and-linuxone/blogs/robert-barrington1/2022/04/05/next-generation-of-ibm-cc-and-fortran-compilers-av. I suppose it was wishful thinking to expect it to be free as IBM have commit a lot of resources to making it happen. It's only available to customers who have a license for the XL C/C++ compiler. If you use C/C++ I highly recommend this compiler. It's modern supporting all the latest language standards and is a significant improvement on the xlclang/xlclang++ compilers previously shipped. It supports AMODE 31 for interop with legacy code whereas xlclang was 64-bit only.

If you are interested in a free C/C++ compiler then Rocket have open sourced their gcc/glibc z/OS port. It's a cross compiler so you build on a Linux or Windows machine. AFAIK, glibc is fairly complete but is missing pthreads.

https://github.com/ambitus/gcc
https://github.com/ambitus/glibc