Hi Gadi,
I'm going to give you some information.  I'm not sure any of it will
necessarily help you, but at least you might be able to know what some options
are.  You might already know this, and I apologize if I'm repeating information
you already know.  There will not be any silver bullet, or necessarily happy
news here for you - I'll warn you.

1.  As you see, it will be increasingly difficult to run any relatively modern
z/OS workloads at a reduced cost without a zIIP.  I would include anything Java
related in that category.  So, z/OSMF is definitely included.  We are becoming
more and more dependent upon it for management of and certain functions on the
system, and therefore more reliant upon usage of zIIPs.  I would hope that your
enterprise is aware of this, having taken a business decision not to currently
have a zIIP, and what that means to z/OS.

2. There are some minor tweaks you can do the help with the performance on
z/OSMF start up.  They've been discussed here several times, but I'll point you
to a performance paper where an IBM Performance Tester has done an evaluation.
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/system/files/inline-files/zosmf_v2r4_resource_requirement.pdf
  In addition, I know that Frank Kyne has done his own deep dive into this
topic.  He will be presenting at the z/OSMF Guild on just this topic, if you
wish to join and see if he has any pointers you might not be aware of:
https://community.ibm.com/community/user/ibmz-and-linuxone/blogs/rolando-perez/2021/11/03/zosmf-guild

3.  As you upgrade your HW server level, you will hopefully get to the z15
eventually making your z13 situation not a long lasting situation.  This is
where System Recovery Boost will give you at no cost, the ability to have an
IPL boost on your subcapacity machine to run full speed with a Speed Boost.
This will allow you to initialize z/OS and z/OSMF faster for 60 minutes.  Once
you have z/OSMF initialized, the consumption of the z/OSMF server does flatten
out considerably.

4. Do note that until July 10, 2022, you can get that CustomPac for z/OS V2.5
that you can still install without z/OSMF.  If your upgrade plans do intend to
upgrade to z/OS V2.5, I would order and download it now, so that at least you
have a copy of it that doesn't need z/OSMF to install for the time being.

5.  I'm seeing that there are few options left at this point.  I can think of
only two:  you could install with a CBPDO yourself, which will be time
consuming and cumbersome, and which itself will drive a lot of General Purpose
cycles.  Or perhaps you could hire an outsider to use their own systems to
install and provide you with a dump/restore format.  I wouldn't know, but I
would hazard that the cost of either of these might be more than the price of a
zIIP (but I know nothing of the costs).

I do wish that you are able to find a solution that will work for you.
-Marna WALLE
z/OS Installation and Upgrade
IBM Poughkeepsie