On 2022-05-30 20:33, Seymour J Metz wrote:
I've only seen a 407; did the boards for the other 40x  machines have
the same form factor?

You could open the door an wire the board without removing it; I can't
imagine wanting to do so.

When a minor change was required to the wiring,
the could be done without pulling the board right out.

While 80-80 listing was certainly a standard board at every shop I
heard of,

80-80 listing was never done at our site, for the very
reason that spaces needed to be introduced between numbers,
and because over-punched signs needed 2 columns (Y above a digit
was printed as plus and the digit, X above a digit was minus and the digit).

AFAIK the most common task for the 507 was printing reports
with control breaks and sub-totals.