On 3/6/22 04:33, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Thu, 2 Jun 2022 15:19:47 -0500, Erik Janssen wrote:

Ah yes, it is actually on the panel; 'Use the pathname substitution character
!' :-)
That what I was looking for, I already thought that there had to be some way, I
just didn't notice it.
I was already using 3.17 basically, but since some recent z/os release you can
just type in a unix directory under 3.4 and it will automatically bring you to
3.17. From the responses so far this seems like a well hidden feature :-)
So, what works for me is to put an X for the . (current directory) in the
filelist, then use cd !;git status as a command with option 2 (login shell).

Wouldn't it be simpler to work under a z/OS UNIX shell rather than struggling
with
the recondite conventions of ISPF?

ISPF is a half decent z/OS UNIX file manager. Rocket Ported Tools includes Midnight Commander but ISPF is more than usable. I personally would stick to a shell for executing Git commands as some invoke pagers or use color coding so don't work well outputting to an ISPF Browse panel.

BTW, how can one use a literal "!", not as a pathname substitution character?