You can't count on anything like that. Each task competes. But if the task
is already set up, my question is more like "What's stopping it from
running already?"

I don't think I'm getting how you want these tasks to work together. I'll
carry on regardless:-

If the other task already has all it needs to run, it'll run when resources
allow. If not, to wake it up just give it the thing it's waiting for (pop
the ECB it waits on, or whatever).

There were a few hairy situations in MVS, where one service (was it POST or
WAIT? Hazy memory) would effectively exit through the scheduler, but I
wouldn't generally recommend that!

Frequently, the best thing is to exit, or wait for the other task (as
appropriate) because the sooner one task quits or tells the OS it's
waiting, the sooner the next TCB gets a chance to run.

As I said, I'm not seeing the bigger picture.

Roops