I could simply add a few "fixed dec (15)" counters into the code, and turn
the do-while loop into the discrete one from the manuals. The whole
exercise is of course a bit silly, as I knew that was coming for years, and
meeting someone from the Dominican Republic finally made it happen.

And I'm sure that leaves all of you very puzzled. ;)

I'll explain it later.

Robert

On Sat, 18 Jun 2022 at 19:18, Bob Bridges <robhbrid...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't for the world want to discourage anyone who wants to try
> patching compiled code, just for the fun of it.  If you want to, go for
> it.  But wouldn't it be simpler just to do the calculation?
>
> Or are you wondering HOW MANY TIMES the counter cycled?
>
> ---
> Bob Bridges, robhbrid...@gmail.com, cell 336 382-7313
>
> /* The best principles may be espoused by crass hypocrites (and they
> usually are).  But if we consider a principle refuted every time its
> advocates fail to live up to it, we'll soon be left with no principles at
> all.  -Joseph Sobran */

Robert AH Prins
robert(a)prino(d)org
The hitchhiking grandfather <https://prino.neocities.org/index.html>