you 'SHOULD' be able to find the error message on IBMLINK, I say should, that's been my biggest issues so far, these messages provide no help, that said, in z/OS 2.4 you should not be using /var/zosmf/ the data file 'customer config' is now in the /global/zosmf/ dir, make sure you're using the correct proc for 2.4, it has the updates for 2.4.

BTW - the file structure was changed in 2.3 IIRC

Carmen