On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 16:20:31 -0400, Tony Harminc  wrote:

>> >Why not copy the program into a PDSE, and then use // EXEC
>> >PGM=SPWNPGM1 with the appropriate STEPLIB?
>> >
>> Everything looks like a nail.
>
>Not sure if you're suggesting that *I* am seeing the OP's problem as a
>nail (and so applying my batch hammer of choice),

Yes, and requiring the OP to fashion his own hammer.

>    ... or if it's the OP
>who is seeing his problem as the UNIX program nail that requires some
>kind of BPXBATCH-like hammer.
>
>Of course if IBM would just support //STEPLIB DD PATH=...

I'd enthusiastically support that RFE, but not wast my time writing it.

Would DSFS bridge that chasm, making program objects in PDS(E)
accessible transparently alike from both rims, OMVS and STEPLIB?

What about descriptors 0, 1, and 2?  fileno()?  Descriptor inheritance on
fork()?

--
gil