On 22/06/2022 9:44 pm, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:

   /* ... do whatever you need to do, if anything ... */

       /* now wait until the stop event gets received in rexxCallBack */
   rexxCallBack~waitForStop   /* invocation will block */

I don't know ooRexx so I'm working mainly from your comments, but the sample I wrote doesn't do something then block waiting for the stop command. It does something (sleep) continually, checking regularly to see if the stop command has been received.

Of course, in a real program sleep would be replaced with the actual function you wanted to perform.

This is a simple example, there are also more complex ways of interrupting/stopping a thread in Java than periodically checking a status.

--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software