There are several z/OS enhancements that have recently shipped as "continuous
delivery" features. One of them that I haven't seen mentioned yet in this forum
is the new and improved RACF database encryption. z/OS RACF can now use a VSAM
data set that can be both AES256 encrypted and shared in certain
configurations. The distinction is that "classic" RACF databases contain
encrypted entries, but now the whole data set can (also) be encrypted. This new
approach strengthens the security profile of RACF and the overall system. I
suggest you implement it now or as soon as reasonably practical.

For details and caveats please refer to APAR OA62267.

— — — — —
Timothy Sipples
Senior Architect
Digital Assets, Industry Solutions, and Cybersecurity
IBM zSystems/LinuxONE, Asia-Pacific
sipp...@sg.ibm.com