From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Andrew Rowley [and...@blackhillsoftware.com]
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2022 7:43 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Java?

On 4/07/2022 9:17 pm, Seymour J Metz wrote:
> And you guaranty that every installation is using BPX.UNIQUE.USER?
>
> If you believe that every z/OS installation is correctly configured then I
> have a bridge that I'd like to sell you.
It was just the other day that Bill Schoen was saying that MVS
OpenEdition was GA 30 years ago. It's used for core system functions
like TCP/IP. If it's not configured...  no-one can say they haven't had
enough time. We need to stop pretending its the 1990s.

There are plenty of things that don't work if e.g. RACF definitions are
not set up properly. Is that a reason not to use them?

Andrew Rowley