On 7/19/2022 10:04 AM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
Would you just guess?  Would you design a production application
based on a guess?  Of course if you code your application in
XL C/C++ the support for fopen( "//DD: ..." ) is well documented.

The best part about that method is that once the underlying facility fails, there's no reason to continue testing my own code which is probably full of bugs. I get to blame someone else for a change :)

Hmm... this reminds me of a story my brother told me, who worked as an engineer on optical systems that go up in space. He said he kind of looked forward to a rocket blowing up at launch because then there was no chance his own work could fail.

But seriously, it's obvious you need to check the called facilities while doing the design. So that's kind of a silly question.