Hi Jack,
What will happen (with your proposed solution) if you have Dataset A.B Cataloged to ABC123 and also present on ABC124, or, Dataset ABC Cataloged to ABC123, but, present only on ABC124? I do not want to sound like a broken record, but,. the VTOC Command Processor (CBT File 112) can deal with both of these situations.

Regards,
David

On 2022-07-25 07:23, Jack Zukt wrote:
Hi all,
Thank you all for all of your suggestions so far.
After one weekend with everything working in the background I came up with
an idea for a new approach.
I have the DCOLLECT output with all the formatted data records or the file
treated by DFSORT with only the dataset names and a few extra tidbits. Now
I also have a file that is a result of a SORT over a  LISTCAT of all the
user catalogs on the system, with all (and only) the cataloged dataset
names.
Now, can I use DFSORT with those two files as input to create a file with
only the dataset names that exist on the DCOLLECT file but do not exist on
the LISTCAT output?
Regards,
Jack