One tool you can use to find uncatalogued datasets is DFDSS - and you can use
TYPRUN=NORUN to just get the displays.  Try using something like this:

//GUK17X   EXEC  PGM=ADRDSSU, PARM='TYPRUN=NORUN' ,
//  REGION=4000K
//SYSUT2 DD DUMMY
//SYSU01 DD DISP=SHR,UNIT=SYSDA,VOL=SER=SP8060
//SYSIN DD *,DCB=BLKSIZE=80
 DUMP INDD(SYSU01) -
     OUTDD(SYSUT2) -
     DATASET (EXCLUDE (SYS*.**) -
        BY ((CATLG EQ NO) (DSORG NE VSAM) ))
/*
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=X
//SYSPRINT  DD SYSOUT=X
//SYSUDUMP  DD DUMMY

This should try to dump all of the non-VSAM datasets on volume SP8060 that are
not catalogued.  The output is dummied and the TYPRUN=NORUN causes the job to
do nothing, but it should give you a list of uncataloged datasets on the
volume.

And with a simple REXX you could generate a ton of these steps from a list of
volumes.

Thanks

Todd Burrell | Sr. IT Systems Engineer | Mainframe