Jumping in at the middle, so I apologize. I probably missed something.

Is this something that just stopped working or isn't working with a CPU
upgrade?  In a recent upgrade
I did we had some OSA OSE ports that wouldn't activate and that is due to the
1G speed but after
talking to the LAN / WAN network team I found the switch was hard coded at
100M.  No one knows
why... lost history from z9, z196, z12, z13 upgrades.. Maybe printers or
something had to have that
long ago. (OSA OSE ports support SNA and TCPIP for those not in the know).

Anyway, changing it to auto negotiate on the switch fixed it. I did have to
disable / re-enable the
port on the HMC for it to connect, so it wasn't just a switch change to fix it.
  Luckily we ran into
the problem on our DR box upgrade first where it wasn't a real problem and we
knew what to do for 3 CPCs
in production (2 OSE ports on each) and actually swapped them all to 1G prior
to the z15 upgrades.

Now onto the next challenge in that z/OS 2.6 will not support the SNA
connections currently in use on
the OSEs.  Turns out none are really used any more except on 2 LPARs to connect
AIX machines and those connections need to be migrated to Enterprise Extender.
We have a little
time though. :)

Best Regards,

Mark