On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 11:12:12 +0100, Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw wrote:

>The TSO commands TRANSMIT and RECEIVE are very useful for moving data
>around, particularly as TRANSMIT produces an 80-byte LRECL which works
>easily with in-stream JCL.

But there's a hazard.  The encoded data might by happenstance contain "//" in
the first two positions of a record, breaking the in-stream data set.  You can
demonstrate this by TRANSMITting a file containing many "/" characters.

It's safer if you use "DATA,DLM='U5ZMw0Di'", for example in JES2.  In JES3,
you're SOL.

( I used "head -c6 /dev/random | uuencode -m x".)

--
gil