Hi,

I was asked a question today that I have no idea what to answer to it.  I was
asked if it is possible or advisable to change the system parmlibs from PDS to
PDSE and if there was nay benefit to doing it.

My first reaction was that it would be a bad idea, and that PDSe's might not be
supported at actual IPL, but I'm not aware of any real restrictions.  I know
that they are supported later int he IPL process, but I have zero idea if you
can make the system parmlib a PDSE.

Does anyone know if it's allowed or where I would find information on if it's
disallowed and why?

It's not vitally important, but it has been bugging me since I was asked
earlier today.

Brian