From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Lionel B. Dyck
Sent: 28 September 2022 13:14
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Minor disaster

If these are PDSE's with generations then the question is what release of
z/OS are you running?  If 2.4 then the ISPF delete member selections will
delete all generations along with the base member. If 2.3 or earlier then
only the base (generation 0) member is deleted and the generations will
remain - just not accessible.

If you are z/OS 2.3, or earlier, then you can use PDSEGEN (CBTTape file 969)
to see those 'ghost' generations and easily recover them.

If you are z/OS 2.4 or 2.5 then hope you have HSM backups or some other
backup system.

Lionel B. Dyck <><
Website: https://www.lbdsoftware.com
Github: https://github.com/lbdyck

“Worry more about your character than your reputation. Character is what you
are, reputation merely what others think you are.”   - - - John Wooden