(I'll cross-post this Reply to IBM-MAIN and ISPF-L)
On Thu, 29 Sep 2022 00:23:30 -0500, Brian Westerman  wrote:

>Wait, I missed the part where it was completely deleted.  Sorry about that.  I
>thought it was just overwritten.

"completely deleted" vs. "just overwritten" seems to be a distinction without
a difference.  In either case aren't the data gone forever?

On my desktop system several applications have a File menu containing
a Revert option which displays a selection list of versions with timestamps.
ISPF designers seem to have missed the point
<https://www.ies.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/1023396766-460x345.gif>.

Revert should be a separate option from Delete, a distinction with a difference.
It should support PDSE2 members containing a mixture of versions created
with ISPF and with other applications.  For versions lacking ISPF timestamps
For versions lacking ISPF timestamps the selection list should show FAMS
timestamps.

--
gil