For my site, I eventually setup a shared Unix filesystem, we wanted the ability to move workloads from system to system, or allow access to shared fileystems from any task, batch or ftp process.

my Serverpac filesystems that came with my order are copied to a shared sysplex filesystem. it took me some time to get this setup and managed the way we needed but it works well.

the IBM doc

Unix system services planning is where I found all the sample processes I needed to setup the shared filesystem and the best practice for parmlib and system setup

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.1.0?topic=sysplex-establishing-shared-file-system-in

the process will setup a sysplex root, $version root and a $system root, fileystems that are specific to each system are mounted at

/SYSA/local/

all version or ZOS filesystems are mounted off the sysplex root, and for us, filesystems that are not part of the OS $VERSION are mounted at

/PLEX1/usr/local/....

I'm sure others have some great options that work for them this enviorment works great for me

Carmen