You can run, e.g., curl, wget, in batch.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Billy Ashton [bill00ash...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2022 11:52 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Is there such a thing as JCL to transfer files using https?

Hi everyone! You have been so helpful in the past to help me with
getting my file transfers working with sftp, and now, we have a manager
who wants to explore using https in batch like we do online in our
browsers. He thinks we can secure our ports better if we are not using
as many. We would be using it to move files back and forth with a couple
of our major business partners.

Is such a thing possible? What do I need to think about if this is
possible? Does anyone have any sample JCL they have used and would be
able to share with me?

I have tried to research this, but really haven't found anything useful
(I guess this should be a clue).

Thank you and best regards,
Billy Ashton