Hi,
I am trying to use DFSORT to get part of a dataset.
We are directing the output of an ABAR job to a dataset and I would like to
get the log for a specified date. Every LOG begins and ends with specific
strings, and I would like to get those records and all the records in the
middle, ignoring all the other ones.
So, the first group record would have a string like
(26,10,CH,EQ,C'2022/10/08')
and the last record group would have a string like
(01,10,CH,EQ,C'A TOTAL OF').
I need to get those two records, all the records in between those and
ignore all the other ones.
I am trying to use
OUTFIL FNAMES=OUT#F1,
       IFTHEN=(WHEN=GROUP,
           BEGIN=(26,10,CH,EQ,C'2022/10/08'),
       IFTHEN=(WHEN=ANY,
              PUSH=(1:1,121),
           END=(01,10,CH,EQ,C'A TOTAL OF'),
But this is copying all the records to the output file.
I am still going through the manual but I would appreciate any help because
I do feel like I am looking at the wrong place.
TIA
Jack