From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2022 1:38 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Has anybody tried downloading a new version of tapetools recently
using FTPTOOLS or FTPTOOLX job.

On Fri, 14 Oct 2022 18:10:26 +0000, Benik, John E

>If you have an example or if you go into option 6 what do you get?
>  Here's what I got,
>
>ftp.software.ibm.con

Is that the entire command you entered at option 6?

> EZA1554I Connecting to: ftp-www3-software.southdata.ibm.com 170.225.126.17
> port
>          : 21.
>
> EZA2590E connect error from initIPv4Connection - EDC8127I Connection timed
> out.
>           (errno2=0x00000000)
>

>Seems like either we are blocking port 21 or IBM has it blocked.

It appears not to be IBM.  With curl on my desktop I see a log:
220 ProFTPD Server (proftpd) [9.214.168.52]
331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete email address as your password
230 Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply
257 "/" is the current directory
229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||34173|)
200 Type set to A
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
226 Transfer complete

The file list has 21 lines, some as recent as 2021.
curl ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com | wc
      51     463    3253
--
gil

recipient or intended recipient’s authorized agent, the reader is hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is