I wrote a Rexx calling a C function a while ago.  I've just dumped the code
into https://github.com/colinpaicemq/RexxToC/tree/main/code

CCQUERY  compiles and runs it
QREXX is the rexx ...  v =
 CPQUERY("QR","P.","1+bySlG9Ug/c2TbK6o++++++",100,2);
main c program in  query
glue code in glue
glue code puts the rexx parameters so you can have

in QUERY...  int  CTOREXX(rexParms * p  ,  evalblock * pEval, ENVBLOCK
*pEnv ){...

let me know  (offline) if you have any questions.

Colin