Hello,

We're splitting very large datasets that have 3 years of client data into 3
smaller datasets containing a year of data each.

Can COUNT can be used to determine the total number of records in the output
files? I've not seen how and it seems only able to count the number of input
records.

I know the job output reports the totals and I could spool that to a temporary
file to capture it.

However, can COUNT or some other parameter be used to get the total for for
each of the output files?

This is more or less the JCL that we use:
//SPLITYR    EXEC PGM=ICETOOL
//TOOLMSG  DD SYSOUT=*
//DFSMSG   DD SYSOUT=*
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
//IN DD *
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
/*
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
//TOOLIN   DD *
   COPY  FROM(IN) TO(OUT1) USING(CTL1)
   COPY  FROM(IN) TO(OUT2) USING(CTL2)
   COPY  FROM(IN) TO(OUT3) USING(CTL3)