And I too do documentation using copy/paste from the above listed emulators. It is searchable, it is expandable, vs the Graphic capture which may cause ADA problems in documents (as in the text is not clear enough for someone with vision issues to be able to read).

Regards,
Steve Thompson

On 11/19/22 17:20, Bob Bridges wrote:
If you need to do a lot of it, I don't know anything about TNZ but most
emulators have a built-in programming facility that will allow you to do very
fast screen-scraping.  I'm guessing most people don't use that feature, because
the documentation for the language (whichever it is for each emulator) is
usually pretty sketchy, hard-to-find or otherwise wanting.  But it can
sometimes save you a ton of work - or more likely make possible what would
otherwise be so laborious as to be impractical.

---

/* Cynicism is the imagination of the mediocre.  -Joe Klein, author of _Primary
Colors_ */

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Kirk Wolf
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2022 09:14

Cutting text from x3270 works fine.  You can also do File/Screen Save  to text
/ html / RichText or printer

--- On Fri, Nov 18, 2022, at 9:33 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
Contrariwise, at times I have wished to be able to capture a screen as
text for embedding in User Manuals such that:

o The appearance of the screen is realistic (colors don't matter much.)
o The text can be searched and Copy/Pasted for user experiments.

IBM Pubs does a credible job of this, as in:
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=types-menus>
and the corresponding PDF document.  Both have selectable text.

What tool does this?  (And facilitates problem reports in text
format?)

Regards,
Steve Thompson