58786 is the number of bytes available on the raw track.  56664 is what's
left after the standard Record 0, which is present on every track of a
volume formatted for z/OS use.  I don't know about other OSes, and I don't
recall seeing the 55996 figure before.

The old 3390 Reference Summary is available on bitsavers, and maybe some
more complete documentation.

sas