I don't recall the specifics but in Z/os you can define the OSA's and ports, and depending on the OSA-Express card you have, some have 4 ports per card, some have only 2, and if IIRC, on a z15 one for one, but you can share across LPARS defined in your IOGEN, and use  a device / interface  statement in your tcpip profile.

we use virtual VIPA definition to manage the port usage

if there's something specific you're looking to do, hardware or software let us know, that will let us focus on what you're trying to do

Carmen