Perhaps I am missing something, but the V12R1M500 is the BIND APPLCOMPAT on
the mainframe. The client doesn't need any V12 services (or V9, for that
matter).

How can I bind the PACKAGE so that the client side APPLCOMPAT (of *) is
acceptable?

Or how can I tell IBM DB2 Client 9.5 to set APPLCOMPAT? Don't see any obvious
option or command to set it.