It's clear enough; maybe too clear.

But, the last sentence isn't correct; the lower half of a binary field is
neither signed nor unsigned (although I presume you meant "regarded as
unsigned"), it's just a broken-off piece with no meaning at all.  Special
case of the absolute value being less than what the lower half can hold
notwithstanding.  I do get that your point is that sign-extension from the
lower half is incorrect.

So, you're correct about CVTLSOL as being incorrectly identified as
signed.  I'd say both CVTLSOH & CVTLSOL are useless anyway, but the
"SIGNED" should be removed from both.  In CVTLSOH, while technically
correct, saying it's signed is specious.

Bottom, line, sure is a lot of words for a small problem.

sas