On Wed, 18 Jan 2023 22:35:36 +0000, Benik, John E <john_e_be...@optum.com>
wrote:

>I saw several comments about HMC and LDAP, and I am curious is anybody using
>LDAP with their TS7700's or just using the management interface for
>authentication?  I would also be curious if anybody has explored this option,
>or is using it on the disk side but not the tape?  It seems overly complicated
>on the tape side, and adds another layer that we have to manage given the fact
>that we have to setup a separate support ID, but I could be wrong.

Again, we have setup our TS7700's to authenticate to zOS LDAP Servers using
RACF as the backend and have been running like that for a couple of years
without any issues. The documentation for the setup of this is poor and it did
take a few tries to get it going. We did have to setup a 'service' account -
this id has the RACF ROAUDIT attribute but no TSO/CICS segment, so it cant
logon to a zOS system. We also then have a "VTS Group" defined to RACF, where
all users who need access to the MI of the TS7700s gets connected to.

There is DS8K support for a LDAP Sever for authentication  but not for a zOS
LDAP Server, so we are waiting for the day when IBM will provide that as well