On Feb 12, 2023, at 06:21:36, Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:

> I just wanted to fold text fields to uppercase
> Example:
> SORT FIELDS=(1,20,CH,A)
> OUTREC BUILD=(1,80,TRAN=LTOU)
>
> It works as it should, with the exception for national characters.
> Examples:
> johh bravo -> JOHN BRAVO
> łukasz  świątek -? łUKASZ śWIąTEK
>
> I used LOCALE=PL_pl in DFSPARM DD, but it is accepted by SORT, but not
> TRAN=LTOU.

I copied this from my inbox where it appeared with
to two different desktop editors, vim and BBEdit.  Changing case in each of
them gave:
    ŁUKASZ  ŚWIĄTEK

I assume UNICODE Services did this.  Doesn't DFSORT use UNICODE Services?

What CCSID is implied by LOCALE=PL_pl?

Does DFSORT sort Polish keys correctly according to national conventions?

How does ISPF Edit CAPS ON handle this?  (Both SBCS and UTF-8?)

Submit an SR.  z/OS should get its head out of the 20th Century.

--
gil