Bill,

ADRDSSU DATASET DUMP with the CONCURRENT(VIRTUALREQ) option will flash copy the
dataset to a work dataset and then dump (backup) the work dataset. I have not
tried this myself. You have to pre-define work datasets with a particular
naming convention. See “virtual concurrent copy working space” in the Dfsmsdss
Stirage Admin Guide.

Keith

Sent from my iPad