On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 15:58:52 -0500, Steve Thompson wrote:
>changed to be a DDNAME. "EXCESS" will hold all the rest of what

Good.

>So while that is being worked out, I know that I have SYSUT1
>pointing to some PDS/PDSE.

Not a member of some PDS/PDSE, which is a more customary use of SYSUT1.

>Therefore, that one statement should have returned some RC that
>is positive not -3 indicating that LISTDSI is not in the system.

LISTDSI is probably in the system, but it's *not* a TSO command.  RTFM.

Example from <https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=tef-listdsi>:
    argument_string = "REXXEXEC VOLUME(PACK1) NODIRECTORY NORECALL"
    x = LISTDSI(argument_string)

I bet if you just copy that and try it you don't get RC=-3.

>I'm trying to get a hold of someone at Marist that has any idea
>of these list servers. Still waiting for a call back from their
>help desk, which I think is only for students.  sigh.

Meanwhile, try <https://www.mail-tester.com/>
It won't solve your problem, but it may provide useful information about "the
IP address
of my email server is persona non grata."

--
gil